MEETING HELD AT THE HOME OF H.E. PRESIDENT Y.M. MUSEVEN1, THE
PRESIDENT OF UGANDA AT RUSHERE NYABUSHOZ1 ON 15-3-1992
1. Mr.Y.K. Museveni – Nyabushozi
2. Mrs. J. Museveni – Nyabushozi
3. Mr. Elly Rwakakoko Ruhama – Ntungano
4. Mr. Eric Kabango – Rukungiri
5. Akwandanaho Salim Saleh – Nyabushozi
6. Mr. Sam Kutesa – Nyabushozi
7. Mr. Abel Katemowe – Rukungiri
8. Canon Rwabugaire Buyania – Rukungiri
9. Mrs. Rwabugaire Buyanja – Rukungiri
10. John Wycliff Karigire – Ntungamo
11. Mrs. Karazarwe – Ntungamo
12. Mrs. Rwakakoko Ruhama – Ntungamo
13. Bob Kabonero – Ntungamo
14. Mr. Jim Muhwezi – Rukungiri
15. Mrs. Susan Muhwezi – Rukungiri
16. Mr. Jotham Tumwesigye -Nyabushozi, Mbarara
17. Mr. John Nasasira – Kazo
18. Mzee Nyindombi – Kebisoni
19. Mrs. Faith Bitamurire – Kebisoni
20. Mugisha Muhwezi Nyindobi – Kebisoni
21. Mrs. Jane Mwesigye – Sembabule
22. Mrs. Mwesigye – Sembalue
23. Mr. Kamugisha – Kebisoni
24. Mrs. Kamugisha – Kebisoni
25. Mr. John Kazoora – Ntungamo
26. Mr. Christopher Kiyombo – Ntungamo
27. Major Henry Tumukunde – Buyanja Kitojo
28. Mrs. Tumukunde – Buyanja Kitojo
29. Mzee Rwakanengere – Kashari Rubaya
30. Jolly Rwakanengere – Kampala, Rubaya
31. Mrs Salim Saleh – Nyabushozi
32. Rev. Kajangye – Buyanja, Kitojo
33. Aronda Nyakeirima – Buyanja, Kitojo
34. Mzee Mpira Nuyanja – Nyakibungo
35. Charles Muhhozi Kifaburaza Kagunga
36. Justus Katono Karishunga Buyanja
37. Elly Karuhanga – Nyabushozi, Mbarara
38. Mzee Kafumusi – Ibanda
39. Sikora B.K. Buhweju – Buyaruguru
40. P. Kaitirima – Sembabule
41. Mathew Rukikakire – Sembabule
42. Mrs. Rukikare Kabura, – Rukungiri
43. Sam Baingana – Rukungiri
44. Mrs Baingana – Rukungiri
45. Mzee Amos Nzei – Kabale
46. Mrs. Nzei – Kabale
47. Mzee Rutamwebwa – Nyabushozi
48. Mrs. Mary Rutamwebwa – Nyabushozi
49. Rev. Canon Sam Rubunda – Nyabushozi
50. Mrs. Jennifer Kutesa – Sembabule/Ntungamo
51. Eriya Kategaya – Rwampara
52. Jovia Kankunda – Mbarara
53. Mzee Rwakiturate – Nyabushozi
54. Rwabantu Rusheyi – Ntungamo
55. Col. Chefali – Kazo
56. Col. Kazini J. – Nyabushozi
57. Major Kashaka – Nyabushozi
58. Jero Bwende – Nyabushozi
59. Augustine Ruzindana – Rubaya, Ntungamo
60. Ephraim Rusimirwa – Nyakabuye
61. Mzee Kaino – Nyakininga
62. Rev. Rujoki – Nshwerunkuye
63. Mrs. J. Rujoki – Nshwerunkuye
64. Prince John Barigye – Kashari
65. Kanyesigye Barigye Junior – Kashari
66. Kirimani – Nyabushozi
67. Fred Kanyabubale – Kitojo Buyanja
68. Kakurungu – Kitojo
69. Captain Biraro – Nyabushozi
70. Mrs. Nasasira – Kazo
71. Herbert Rwabwende – Kashari
72. Odrek Rwabwogo – Nyabushozi
73. Hope Kivegere – President’s Office
74. Bishop Justus Ruhindi – Rukugiri
75. Justin Sabiiti – Mbarara
76. Maama Rubindi – North Kigezi Diocese
2. Opening Remarks by H.E. (Chairman)
3. Strategy for the next 50 years
4. Plan of Action
The meeting started with a prayer led by Rt. Rev. Bishop Ruhindi at exactly
11.00p.m. who prayed for good deliberations.
The Chairman, H.E. welcomed the Basita Clan and other clans present in his
home. He briefed members present the purpose of the meeting and thanked
organizers for a good job done.
He told members that the only opportunity they have is this one when he is still
President. He directed Hope Kivengyere to act as a link between his office and
these people at grass roots.
He told them that they were few in number and that he fought to liberate them
so that they could be heard in society and Uganda at large.
He reminded them of the need to have a master plan for at least fifty years if
the Hima clan is to remain vibrant and rich.
H.E. told his listeners that if they cannot use the opportunity maximally, their
daughters and sons would blame them in future.
At this function he revealed to them a scheme and plan of action in order for
them to achieve their desired goals as:
1. To have the highest education qualifications during his term of office for
2. To make sure they are the richest people in Uganda with the 50 years
3. To make sure they control the army and have the highest ranks in the
4. To ensure that they take charge of all the resources in the country
5. To ensure none of those not concerned, not to know about the action
Every one of them was directed to recruit the Bahima boys to join the army so
that they could dominate the ISO, PPU, ESO and Military Police as this would
assist in the resisting of other tribes that would attempt to take power by the
use of force.
The chairman informed the members to unite so that they could remain the
only kings in the region. He said that the master plan couldn’t be achieved
unless 80% of their youths are properly trained and equipped with the best
necessities to maintain these issues.
At this juncture the chairman directed Mr. Elly Karuhanga to take charge of
educating the sons and daughters and send them abroad in countries such as
India, England, America and South Africa. Karuhanga accepted the
responsibility without hesitation.
The chairman also directed Mr. Kirimani to take charge of educating the
daughters and sons internally, especially to ensure that he put up special
school in Nyabushozi to cater for the interests of the group,
On this note Mr. Kutesa suggested to upgrade Bunyanyeru Resettlement School
from Nursery upto Secondary, which was passed with no arguments.
Mr. Elly Rwakakoko interjected the chairman’s speech by giving directions to
members on the real discussion by introducing a new chapter of how H.E. could
be succeeded after his term of office.
On this point Mrs. Jovia Salim Saleh begged the members to ensure that after
H.E. the next president must come from the Basita clan. She said that she had
done a lot for the Basita and taken a lot of risks for the last 20 years and
therefore it was important that the Basita take charge of the resources of the
country. The members resolved that she was not in order.
Mzee Ephrann Rusimira suggested that the new president should be the brother
to the president if the master plan is to succeed. He warned that if the Bairu
and non Bahima clans got to know about the action plan, it would fail to take
Mzee Rutamwebwa suggested that Salim Saleh should go back to school if the
objectives of the action are to be achieved. He suggested that Salim Saleh had
to get “0” Level Certificate and “A” Level Certificate. This was unanimously
He also suggested that someone close, possibly the son of H.E. should be
groomed to take over the reigns from Salim Saleh. This too was agreed on and
the group begged H.E. to look around for a boy who would be groomed.
The group also brainstormed about how to destroy those who would gang up to
take power from the clan. Death was suggested for the potential leaders who
would attempt to fail the master plan.
Mmute 7.00: The way Forward:
a) Deny other people access to economic resources through:
i. Overtaxing individuals and companies, which don’t belong to our people and
protect those of our people.
ii. Destroying co-operative societies and unions.
iii. Selling Parastatals and public enterprises that others don’t gain from them.
iv. Commercialize education and health services.
b) Our people to be employed in lucrative public offices from which they should
reap maximally while being protected from prosecution.
c) Destruction of the economic, military and political will of Northern and
d) Immediate return of non-political Kabaka of Buganda while we promote
disunity among the Buganda.
e) Uniting all Bahima in the Great Lakes Region and awakening their political,
military and economic process.
f) Participating in the exploitation of economic resources of rich neighboring
g) Making strategic alliances with whatever power in the world that will
enhance achievement of this plan.
Members recommended that all those given responsibility must ensure the
achievement of the objectives. H.E. was mandated to appoint committees or
individuals to implement the different aspects of the master plan.
Confidentiality must be ensured at all costs.
The meeting closed at 4.00a.m. on 16-03-1992.